COVID-19, a.k.a. ‘coronavirus disease’ is a viral infection that primarily causes severe respiratory distress. However, it can trigger immune responses so strong that it can affect other organs like your stomach or heart. While the extent of its effects on your health and the duration of symptoms is still being studied, it’s important to understand how it spreads and to help prevent others from being infected.
The spread of COVID-19 has been a worldwide public health concern since 2020, but there continues to be plenty of misinformation about its lasting effects on people. Learn more about Long COVID in our e-course, Post-COVID 101.
About this course
This course aims to teach basic information about COVID-19, the symptoms of COVID-19 infection, how it can be transmitted, and how to prevent its transmission. This is a short, simple, and straightforward online course that you can take at your own pace.
The course’s key features and topics include:
What is coronavirus awareness?
Coronavirus awareness is the sharing of facts about the disease known as COVID-19 and how it differs from diseases caused by other coronaviruses such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome and the common cold. Awareness also consists of learning about its symptoms, measures to curb its spread and prevent infection, and how to treat patients with COVID-19.
Apart from learning useful facts about COVID-19, coronavirus awareness seeks to debunk false information that could put others at risk. It also helps people learn how to communicate medical concerns with healthcare professionals so they can manage their symptoms and treat complications like long COVID.
What will this COVID-19 awareness course teach me?
At the end of this full course on COVID-19, you should be able to understand and explain the following:
- What COVID-19 is and how it spreads
- The common symptoms of COVID-19, such as acute respiratory distress and loss of smell and taste
- Effective response for COVID infection prevention, like environmental cleaning and the use of personal protective equipment
- Key concepts like social distancing and the airborne nature of respiratory diseases
Understanding these course topics will help you prepare and prevent COVID-19 from rapidly spreading. It will also help you educate other people using simple terms and debunk misinformation online.
Who should take COVID-19 awareness courses?
This course is useful to virtually any person who wants to learn more about coronavirus disease control. While anyone who wants to restrict the spread of coronavirus infection can take this course, it’s particularly useful for those in the following fields who want to improve workplace safety:
- Healthcare providers, including assisted living and long-term care facilities
- Food and beverage industry, such as restaurants and cafeterias
- Cosmetologists, such as nail spas and hairstyling salons
- Workers in the retail and distribution industry
This online COVID-19 course aims to promote optimal care for COVID-19 symptoms and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. To promote learning about the new coronavirus disease known as COVID-19, this course has the following features:
- Short videos presented to illustrate key concepts in a compelling manner
- 24/7 access to online resources
- Simple infographics for quick data analysis
- Easy-to-navigate learning management system
- No required educational prerequisites or other training modules
- Printable written learning points and links to additional resources
- Updated information with the best evidence and sources
- Simplified course structure that can be taken at your own pace
Topics covered by this online course on COVID-19 include the following:
- An introduction to the novel coronavirus infection COVID-19 and its brief history
- Common presenting symptoms of COVID-19
- Key statistics about its community spread and why the World Health Organization declared its outbreak a global pandemic
- The U.S. government’s response to coronavirus disease transmission
- Tips for COVID-19 prevention, such as contact tracing and proper hand hygiene
- Safety practices for employers and the workplace
- Community engagement and public health emergency preparation
- Protocol for social distancing and self-isolation in the event of COVID-19 infection
Take online COVID-19 training courses today
Knowledge about COVID-19’s symptoms and transmission is important for creating a safer environment for everyone. It’s not just essential for healthcare workers, either – whether you are working in a professional healthcare setting or simply want to prevent transmission in your workplace, this online courses can be a big help.